The Myers' has been found by hundreds of practitioners to be a safe and effective treatment for a wide range of clinical conditions. In many instances this treatment is more effective and better tolerated than conventional medical therapies.
The standard vitamin-mineral combination includes the following:
- vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin)
- vitamin B6 (pyridoxine)
- vitamin B5 (dexpanthenol)
- vitamin B complex
- vitamin C
Other medications may be administered, including the following:
- selenium and other trace minerals
- and many more
Intravenous therapy is the only way to increase your blood levels of important nutrients for improved transport into cells.
Doctors have found intravenous nutrient therapy to be helpful in the treatment of angina, chronic fatigue syndrome, bronchitis, sinusitis, fibromyalgia, hay fever, chronic hives, narcotic withdrawal, hyperthyroidism, muscles spasms, tension headaches, and some cases of mild to moderate depression. Many patients notice immediate benefit from the first treatment. For others, it may take 3 or 4 treatments before you notice benefit.
The number of treatments you need will depend on your health status and the condition being treated. Some individuals obtain long-lasting relief after a few treatments, while others require ongoing treatments to maintain the benefit.
The Myers' Cocktail is perfect for helping your immune system fight the flu or a virus. Many patients find it particularly helpful before and after flying to help prevent illness.
The most common side effect of the Myers' Cocktail is a sensation of warmth, particularly if the injection is given rapidly.
Glutathione IV PUSH
What Is Glutathione?
Glutathione is often referred to as the body's “master antioxidant” and is the most important molecule in your body that you never heard of. It is involved in preventing everything from cancer, dementia, heart disease and even wrinkles. There are over 89,000 medical articles about the importance of it but most physicians know little or nothing about this important molecule.
The good news is that your body produces its own glutathione. The bad news is that poor diet, pollution, toxins, medications, stress, trauma, aging, infections and radiation all deplete your glutathione.
So what's all the fuss anyway? The secret power of glutathione is the sulfur (SH) chemical groups it contains. Sulfur is a sticky, smelly molecule. It acts like magnet and all the bad things in the body stick to it, including free radicals and toxins like mercury and other heavy metals. Glutathione becomes depleted, as I mentioned above, which results in the inability for us to protect ourselves against free radicals, infections, cancer and we can't get rid of toxins.
Keeping yourself optimally healthy and preventing diseases depends upon keeping your glutathione levels high.
Here are 7 tips to help boost your glutathione levels:
- Eat sulphur rich foods like onion, cruciferous vegetables (like broccoli, cabbage, kale).
- Eat bio-active Whey protein – this is a great source of cysteine and other amino acids needed as raw ingredients for your body to make its own glutathione.
- Exercise boosts your glutathione levels. Start with 20 minutes of aerobic type exercise you love (that way you will do it) and work up to doing it 5 days per week.
- N-acetyl-cysteine – this can be taken as a supplement. I have many patients who have asthma or COPD that use this in a nebulized form to protect their lungs.
- Methyl molecules (folate, B6 and B12). These are at the top of the importance list for our bodies to produce glutathione. Of note, stress depletes these in our bodies and they are not stored so we need to re-stock the supply on a regular basis.
- Selenium, vitamin C, vitamin E – these important anti-oxidants help your body produce more glutathione.
- Glutathione IV push – at my clinic we offer IV glutathione to give an immediate boost to the body or to those recovering from any kind of illness or stressor (like travel).
When glutathione is taken by mouth it is destroyed by the acid in the stomach. By receiving it in an IV form, you receive all the benefits immediately without wondering if your body is producing enough.
Please tell me if you have heard of this important molecule or if you have questions and don't forget to share. Health is contagious – pass it around!